The Ashlyns Festival is a town-wide charity fundraising event, hosted by Ashlyns School in their magnificent grounds. It is a family-friendly event (with the exception of Friday’s Comedy Night) and we therefore ask all guests to be respectful of the buildings and surroundings as they are all in use by the students after the event. The Festival will be run in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way as far as possible so please ensure you use the correct bins, facilities and guidance provided.
Be prepared! This is an outdoor event. Although we can’t rely on the British weather, we will endeavour to ensure Ashlyns Festival will go ahead come rain or shine. However, any decision to cancel in the event of extreme weather or exceptional circumstances will be made on the day, so please keep up to date via social media.
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets must be bought for entry into the Comedy Night and Festival and these are available in advance via the Festival Website or can be purchased, subject to availability, on the day, except for the Comedy Night where tickets need to be purchased in advance only.
- COMEDY NIGHT
- Tickets in advance only – not available on the door
- Tickets DO NOT include food but food is available to purchase
- is strictly over 18s only
- No admittance to the performance once it has started – you will have to wait for an interval.
- Every person attending either day of the Festival must have a ticket (either paper or electronic i.e. on your phone)
- Tickets will be exchanged for a coloured wristband which must be worn at all times whilst on site as proof of entry and age.
- Photocopies of tickets will NOT be accepted.
- All tickets are numbered and cannot be duplicated.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- SATURDAY FESTIVAL – last entry is 9pm, and will be at the sole discretion of our security staff.
- There are a number of activities in the Activity Area run by various Community Partners to raise funds for their own charity, and may take either cash and/or card payments. These activities are run by the Charity without Ashlyns Festival involvement, and will have their own specific Risk Assessments and T&CS including suitable age range.
- An all day pass for the Fun Zone (12.00 – 18.00) can be purchased which will give unlimited access to the following attractions but please note the age restrictions.
- Climbing Wall – Age 6 and upwards
- Wipeout Challenge – Age 5 and upwards
- Kids Bouncy Castle – Children only
- 45 ft Obstacle Course – Age 3 and upwards
- Rock and Roller Zone – No restrictions
- PLEASE NOTE: CARD PAYMENTS are preferred but cash will be accepted.
- Card payments not guaranteed for our external Food and Drink providers.
- Cash Back facility is NOT available, and there is no cash point service on site – nearest cash point will be in town.
- Limited parking is available on-site and can be purchased with your tickets either in advance, or on the day (CASH ONLY PAYMENTS ACCEPTED) but is subject to availability. Proof of payment will be required before parking
- Valid disabled badge holders will be able to park FREE nearer the entrance of the festival arena in dedicated bays.
- There is limited disabled parking available in designated bays. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space but will need a valid badge prior to parking.
- Cars can be left on Friday night and/or Saturday night at owners’ risk but need to be removed by Midday on Sunday 16th July.
- We respectfully ask all our guests to park with due care and consideration to other road users and residents, and must NOT park on Chesham Road.
- Coram Close school entrance will be closed to cars and pedestrians.
- Vehicles and their contents are parked at their owners’ risk. Ashlyns School and Ashlyns Festival do not accept any responsibility for losses or thefts of any kind from cars left on site including overnight.
Ashlyns Festival is hosted by Ashlyns School, which is a 10 mins walk uphill from the centre of Berkhamsted, and 20 mins walk uphill from Berkhamsted Station.
FOOD & DRINK
- There will be a licensed Bar Marquee serving a range of locally brewed Beers, Ales and Ciders, Wines, Prosecco, PIMMS, Spirits, non-alcoholic drinks and snacks.
- The Bar Marquee will accept card and cash payments.
- Soft Drinks and snacks will be available to purchase both at the licenced bar and at the separate Soft Drinks and Snacks stall for under 18s.
- The bar will be serving all drinks in polycarbonate reusable glasses and you are asked to reuse these glasses at all times during your stay. When you have finished with the glass please ensure it is left at the appropriate signed collection point or returned to the bar. A small fee will be charged when using a new glass to encourage re-use of glasses throughout the event and in line with our sustainability policy.
- You will be able to purchase bottles of Wine / Prosecco but you MUST ensure bottles are put into the appropriate recycling bin when finished.
- Free water is available on site – please bring a reusable water bottle.
- There are toilets on site, including disabled toilets with ramp access, situated in the school and manned at all times.
‘CHALLENGE 25’ POLICY
This will be in operation throughout the event and is supported by the wearing of age identifying wristbands. If you are lucky enough to look under 25, you may be asked to prove you are 18 or over when purchasing alcohol. Please bring a photographic ID!! The only acceptable ID documents are Passport or Photo Driving Licence.
Please be considerate towards other Festival guests; smoking is strictly prohibited in the Activity Areas, Bars, Food trucks, Copse and inside any marquees or the school.
WASTE & RECYCLING
Ashlyns Festival is committed to reducing waste from this event, and operates a GREEN policy, in line with similar festivals and local events. Therefore there is a strict NO GLASS, NO SINGLE USE PLASTIC or POLYSTYRENE policy in place. There will be a number of recycling and waste units around the festival site, and we strongly encourage all our guests, staff, volunteers, stall holders and vendors, to use these to help us deliver a sustainable event.
- Strictly no photos or filming allowed of the Comedy Night – you will be asked to stop. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave.
- Photography/filming/recording for professional and commercial use is NOT permitted without prior consent and authorisation from the Ashlyns Festival Management Team.
- By buying a ticket and attending the event, you are consenting to be included in photographic, filmed and visual promotion of the event, by an authorised event photographer/Ashlyns Festival Team member.
- Will only be only permitted upon the discretion of the Ashlyns Festival Team and Security (please keep hold of your ticket / wristband in case of an emergency evacuation and re-entry is required).
- We reserve the right to enforce a no-re admittance policy once you leave the festival site
- In the case of emergencies, please contact a member of the Ashlyns Festival Team or Security for further help and assistance.
- The Festival site is fully accessible, but please be mindful, as it is a field, it is not flat.
- There is ramp access to toilets
- There is limited disabled parking – please contact us to let us know.
- Please let us know if you are a wheelchair user so we can accommodate your needs
Dogs are NOT permitted, with the exception of registered guide dogs/assistance dogs. You will be asked to leave the Festival site by security, and tickets will not be refunded if you arrive with a dog.
WHAT YOU CAN and CANNOT BRING
- STRICTLY NO alcohol will be permitted to be brought onto site. Security will be checking all bags upon entry and have the right to confiscate any items of alcohol or items deemed dangerous, illegal or offensive.
- STRICTLY NO GLASS will be permitted to be brought onto site as this contravenes our Health and Safety Risk Assessment. Security will be checking all bags upon entry and have the right to confiscate any glass items.
END OF THE EVENT
- The event closes strictly at 11pm, and we ask for your cooperation in leaving promptly.
- Bar will stop serving at 10.30pm prompt.
- We ask you to be considerate of local residents and neighbours when leaving the event site and to take your rubbish and belongings with you; this is a school site and so we need to be mindful of how we leave it.
REJECTION / EJECTION POLICY
- There will be a zero tolerance policy in force.
- We reserve the right to eject anyone from the site whom we consider to be causing a danger or nuisance to others. We are a family friendly festival and any anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
- The Ashlyns Festival Management Team reserves the right to restrict and refuse entry.
- Security reserves the right to refuse admission or eject people from the site for anti-social or threatening behaviour, actions likely to cause damage or injury, or failure to comply with the reasonable request of the Ashlyns Festival Event Team.
- Entry will also be refused to those who appear drunk or under the influence of drugs.
- Security will search all bags at entry, and anything considered illegal, offensive or not permitted will be confiscated and you may be refused entry without refund of ticket/s.
- Those found to be in possession of illegal substances will be asked to leave and may be reported to the Police.