Terms and Conditions and FAQs
Be prepared! This is an outdoor event, and although we can’t rely on the British weather, we will endeavour to ensure Ashlyns Festival will go ahead come rain or shine. However, any decision to cancel in the event of extreme weather or exceptional circumstances will be made on the day, so please do keep up to date via our website and social media.
- COMEDY NIGHT – tickets DO NOT include food.
- Every person attending the festival will require a ticket, including under 12s.
- This will be exchanged for a wristband and must be worn at all times whilst on site as proof of entry.
- All under 12s must be accompanied by an Adult 18 and over.
- Maximum of two under 12s per adult.
- Photocopies of tickets will NOT be accepted.
- All tickets are numbered and cannot be duplicated.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- PLEASE NOTE: LIMITED CARD PAYMENTS AVAILABLE SO REMEMBER YOUR CASH!
- Cash payments in Bar Marquee and Pimms Tent, Family Area and Beauty Tent.
- We will endeavour to take card payments but cannot guarantee this so please remember to bring cash.
- Card payments not guaranteed by our external Food and Drink stalls.
- Is not available on site for Festival guests.
- There is limited disabled parking available
- please email email@example.com to reserve a space upon the production of a valid badge.
- We respectfully ask all festival goers to park with due care and consideration to other road users and residents; this is our first event and we would like to ensure we are being thoughtful to our neighbours.
- Vehicles and their contents are parked at their owners risk and we cannot accept any responsibility for losses or thefts of any kind on site.
Public travel and transport
Ashlyns School is 10mins walk uphill from the centre of Berkhamsted, and 15 mins walk uphill from Berkhamsted Station.
Food and drink
- There will of course be the Bar Marquee and Gin Bar serving a range of locally brewed Beers, Ales and Ciders, wines and prosecco, and non-alcoholic drinks.
- The Bar Marquee will accept cash and very limited card payments, although this is not guaranteed
- Soft Drinks will be available to
purchase in a separate area.
- There will be a variety of Food and
Drink vendors on site.
Babies and children
- Under 12s are welcome and must
be accompanied by a full paying
- There is a dedicated, sheltered Baby tent for soft play and breastfeeding.
- max of 2 children per adult.
- Everyone MUST have a ticket for
entry onto the festival site for Health
and Safety requirements.
- Pushchairs/buggies/prams will
There are toilet facilities on site, located in the Main Entrance of the School, and will be manned at all times.
‘Challenge 25’ policy
This will be in operation throughout
the Festival site. If you are lucky
enough to look under 25, you will
be asked to prove you are aged 18
or over when purchasing alcohol.
Please bring photographic ID!!
The only acceptable documents
are PASS Card, Passport and PHOTO
Please be considerate towards
other festival guests; smoking is strictly prohibited in the Family Area, Active Zone, Bar
Marquee, Pimms Tent and Other Stage Marquee.
- We ask you to be respectful of other
people’s privacy at all times when
for professional and commercial
use is NOT permitted without prior
consent and authorisation from
- By buying a ticket and attending
the event, you are consenting
to be included in photographic,
filmed and visual promotion
of the event, by an authorised
- Will only be only permitted upon
production of a hand-stamp and
wristband (please keep hold of
your ticket in case of an emergency
evacuation and re-entry is required).
- Last entry will be 10pm.
- In the case of emergencies,
please contact a member of the
Event Team or Security for further
help and assistance.
Dogs are not permitted at the festival,
with the exception of guide dogs/
What you can and can’t bring
- There is limited seating around the
festival site, and you are welcome
to bring rugs and camping chairs.
- No Gazebos/Tents allowed.
- Reusable plastic water bottles are actively encouraged – there are a number of water stations to refill.
- There is wide range of food on offer, therefore no picnics are allowed.
- Own food only allowed for those
with special dietary requirements (at
the discretion of the festival team).
- STRICTLY NO alcohol or glass will
be permitted onto site. This is really
important – please remember that
this is a school playing field and any
broken glass could cause serious
injury. Security will be checking all
bags upon entry and have the right
to confiscate any items deemed
dangerous, illegal or offensive.
- STRICTLY NO open fires or BBQs on
End of event
- The festival closes strictly at 11pm, with the Family Area closing by 6pm.
- we ask for your cooperation in
- Beer Tent and all vendors will stop
serving by 10.30pm.
- We ask you to be considerate
of local residents and neighbours
when leaving the festival site, and
to take your rubbish and belongings
with you; this is a school site and so
we need to be mindful of how we
- There will be zero tolerance policy
- The Festival Management reserve
the right to restrict entry.
- The Event Team reserve the right
to refuse admission or eject people
from the festival site for anti-social or
threatening behaviour, actions likely
to cause damage or injury, or failure
to comply with the reasonable
request of the Event Team.
- Entry will also be refused to those
who appear drunk or under the
influence of drugs.
- Security will search all bags at entry,
and anything considered illegal or
offensive will be confiscated and
you maybe asked to leave or be
ejected from the festival site.
- Those found to be in possession of
illegal substances may be reported
to the Police.
Ashlyns Festival is a car-free zone, and our sponsors, Millennium Taxis, will be proving a discounted fixed-rate shuttle taxi service from behind the Swan Youth Project building (off Berkhamsted High Street) to Ashlyns Festival and back, between 12-4pm on Saturday 13th July, on show of your ticket. £3 one way and £5 return. PLEASE NOTE: It’s private land, not open to the public, and clamping is in place. Festival guests can also book with Millennium Taxis on Friday 12th July Comedy Night, and after 4pm on Saturday 13th July, and will receive a special discount on production of a card available at the Festival only.