Terms and Conditions and FAQs
Be prepared! This is an outdoor event, and although we can’t rely on the British weather, we will endeavour to ensure Ashlyns Festival will go ahead come rain or shine. However, any decision to cancel in the event of extreme weather or exceptional circumstances will be made on the day, so please do keep up to date via our website and social media.
- Every person attending the festival will require a ticket.
- This will be exchanged for a wristband and must be worn at all times whilst on site as proof of entry.
- All under 12s must be accompanied by an Adult 18 and over.
- Maximum of two under 12s per adult.
- Photocopies of tickets will NOT be accepted.
- All tickets are numbered and cannot be duplicated.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- We can take debit card payments as well as cash, at the ticket gate for entry on the day, and for Beer Tokens.
- PLEASE NOTE – no ATMs on site
- Is not available on site for Festival goers.
- There is limited disabled parking available
- please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space upon the production of a valid badge.
- We respectfully ask all festival goers to park with due care and consideration to other road users and residents; this is our first event and we would like to ensure we are being thoughtful to our neighbours.
- Vehicles and their contents are parked at their owners risk and we cannot accept any responsibility for losses or thefts of any kind on site.
Public travel and transport
Ashlyns School is 10mins walk uphill from the centre of Berkhamsted, and 15 mins walk uphill from Berkhamsted Station.
Food and drink
- There will of course be the Beer tent,
which will accept Beer Tokens only.
- The ASA Bar will be serving wine in
the Beer Tent, and purchasing is by
Beer Tokens only.
- Beer Tokens can be purchased
in advance or on the day from
- Soft Drinks will be available to
purchase in a separate area.
- There will be a variety of Food and
Drink vendors on site.
Babies and children
- Under 12s are welcome and must
be accompanied by a full paying
- max of 2 children per adult.
- Everyone MUST have a ticket for
entry onto the festival site for Health
and Safety requirements.
- Pushchairs/buggies/prams will
There are toilet facilities on site.
‘Challenge 25’ policy
This will be in operation throughout
the Festival site. If you are lucky
enough to look under 25, you will
be asked to prove you are aged 18
or over when purchasing alcohol.
Please bring photographic ID!!
The only acceptable documents
are PASS Card, Passport and PHOTO
Please be considerate towards
other festival-goers; smoking is strictly prohibited in the Family Zone, Chill-
Out Zone, Beer Tent and Second Stage Marquee.
- We ask you to be respectful of other
people’s privacy at all times when
for professional and commercial
use is NOT permitted without prior
consent and authorisation from
- By buying a ticket and attending
the event, you are consenting
to be included in photographic,
filmed and visual promotion
of the event, by an authorised
- Will only be only permitted upon
production of a hand-stamp and
wristband (please keep hold of
your ticket in case of an emergency
evacuation and re-entry is required).
- Last entry will be 10pm.
- In the case of emergencies,
please contact a member of the
Event Team or Security for further
help and assistance.
Dogs are not permitted at the festival,
with the exception of guide dogs/
There will be a designated area
where our festival goers can relax and
have the opportunity to enjoy some
What you can and can’t bring
- There is limited seating around the
festival site, and you are welcome
to bring rugs and camping chairs.
- No Gazebos/Tents allowed.
- Own plastic water bottles allowed
- Own food only allowed for those
with special dietary requirements (at
the discretion of the festival team).
- STRICTLY NO alcohol or glass will
be permitted onto site. This is really
important – please remember that
this is a school playing field and any
broken glass could cause serious
injury. Security will be checking all
bags upon entry and have the right
to confiscate any items deemed
dangerous, illegal or offensive.
- STRICTLY NO open fires or BBQs on
End of event
- The festival closes strictly at 11pm
- we ask for your cooperation in
- Beer Tent and all vendors will stop
serving by 10.30pm.
- We ask you to be considerate
of local residents and neighbours
when leaving the festival site, and
to take your rubbish and belongings
with you; this is a school site and so
we need to be mindful of how we
- There will be zero tolerance policy
- The Festival Management reserve
the right to restrict entry.
- The Event Team reserve the right
to refuse admission or eject people
from the festival site for anti-social or
threatening behaviour, actions likely
to cause damage or injury, or failure
to comply with the reasonable
request of the Event Team.
- Entry will also be refused to those
who appear drunk or under the
influence of drugs.
- Security will search all bags at entry,
and anything considered illegal or
offensive will be confiscated and
you maybe asked to leave or be
ejected from the festival site.
- Those found to be in possession of
illegal substances may be reported
to the Police.